CrossFit is more than just a workout regimen; it’s a lifestyle that incorporates various functional movements performed at high intensity. Among the myriad of exercises that CrossFit offers, some have been trending lately: Man Makers, Devils Press, Power Clean, and the evergreen Burpee. This article aims to break down these trending movements, their techniques, and benefits.
Man Makers: The Full-Body Blaster
What Are Man Makers?
Man Makers are a compound exercise that works multiple muscle groups, offering a full-body workout. This movement combines a push-up, a one-arm row, and a squat clean thruster.
How to Perform Man Makers:
- Start in a plank position holding dumbbells in both hands.
- Perform a push-up.
- At the top of the push-up, perform a one-arm row with each arm.
- Jump your feet toward the dumbbells and stand up.
- Perform a squat clean thruster to complete one rep.
- Full-body workout
- Builds strength and endurance
- Enhances cardiovascular fitness
Devils Press: The Fiery Full-Body Exercise
What Is Devils Press?
The Devils Press is a hybrid exercise combining a dumbbell snatch and a burpee. It’s a high-intensity movement that works your entire body.
How to Perform Devils Press:
- Start with dumbbells on the ground.
- Drop into a burpee, chest touching the floor.
- As you come up, grab the dumbbells and perform a double dumbbell snatch.
- Increases metabolic rate
- Builds muscle strength
- Improves coordination
Power Clean: The Explosive Lift
What Is a Power Clean?
The Power Clean is an Olympic weightlifting movement that focuses on explosive power and strength. It works primarily on the posterior chain.
How to Perform Power Clean:
- Start with a barbell in front of you.
- With a hook grip, lift the barbell explosively, pulling it towards your shoulders.
- Drop into a slight squat and catch the barbell on your front delts.
- Builds explosive power
- Enhances athletic performance
- Strengthens the posterior chain
Burpee: The Classic Cardio King
What Is a Burpee?
The Burpee is a full-body exercise that combines a squat, push-up, and a jump. It’s a staple in CrossFit and is known for its cardiovascular benefits.
How to Perform a Burpee:
- Start in a standing position.
- Drop into a squat and kick your feet back into a plank.
- Perform a push-up.
- Jump your feet back to the squat position.
- Explode up into a jump.
- Burns calories
- Improves cardiovascular health
- Builds muscle endurance
The CrossFit Connection
All these trending movements are integral parts of the CrossFit regimen. They embody the essence of CrossFit—functional movements performed at high intensity. Incorporating these exercises into your CrossFit routine can significantly improve your fitness level, making you stronger, faster, and more agile.
Whether you’re a CrossFit newbie or a seasoned athlete, these trending movements offer a challenging yet rewarding experience. So the next time you hit the box, don’t shy away from these exercises. Embrace the burn, enjoy the pump, and most importantly, keep pushing your limits.
Keywords: CrossFit, Man Makers, Devils Press, Power Clean, Burpee, trending movements, full-body workout, cardiovascular fitness, muscle strength, explosive power.
Ready to take your CrossFit journey to the next level? Join us at CrossFit Angier for expert coaching and a supportive community. Contact us today!